Are you still fretting about how to ensure your children are entertained over the long summer holidays? Are you desperately looking for holiday camps or activity courses so the children are looked after while you are at work? Look no further, as we have done the research for you. Check out these links below to discover all the family-friendly fun activities near you.
List of summer camps and courses in Oxfordshire
Sports camp in Wantage
Drama and film workshops run in Oxford
Singing, Dance, Drama summer school at Henry Box School Witney
Other ideas of things to do and places to go:
- The Earth Trust at Wittenham Clumps is a favourite of ours for its children’s school holiday activities. See here for details https://earthtrust.org.uk/whats-on/
- Cornerstone Arts Centre in Didcot run family theatre events over the summer, including lots of FREE activities. See here for details https://www.cornerstone-arts.org/whats-on
- Millets is now famous for the ‘Millets Maize’. Millets also run other events over the summer, so check out its ‘What’s On’ page, too. https://milletsfarmcentre.com/maize-maze.html
- Every summer, Film Oxford run free outdoor screening events ‘Under the Stars’ in some of Oxford’s most beautiful parks. Check out the film list here: https://www.filmoxford.org/film-under-the-stars/
- In hot and sunny weather, what better than a picnic at an open air pool? Oxfordshire has some great ones. Choose here https://www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/things-to-do/south-east-and-london/oxfordshire/oxford/water/lidos
- Or, staying with the active theme, what about a day cycling with a picnic lunch? Look here for off-road tracks in the county https://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map
- And staying with the picnic theme, what about a day on the river https://www.cotswoldboat.co.uk/
- Wear out children and dogs with a walk on White Horse Hill https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/white-horse-hill
Have we missed any? Please add what you have found in the comments box below. If you are divorced or recently separated, organising who has the kids when can be a logistic nightmare. Let us help you make life easier with advice on how to arrange a joint parenting plan for the summer holidays.
If you are struggling to create your own plan, then use mediation. Call Polly on 0770 651 3496 or email email@example.com.