Abingdon Family Mediation is run by Polly Gavins, who is uniquely positioned to offer the combination of skills and experience required to be a good mediator.
Polly is legally trained. She is familiar and comfortable with balance sheets and financial information and has extensive coaching, counselling and mediation experience. She is a Family Mediation Council accredited mediator.
Polly’s aim is to work to the highest professional standards whilst being supportive, kind and respectful. She aims to keep things simple and use plain English. She aims to make the mediation journey as easy as possible for her clients. She also aims to be pragmatic and look for solutions rather than problems.
- Class II(I) Law Degree.
- Solicitors final examinations followed by articles.
- 15 years running a manufacturing and distribution business employing 40 people and selling to high street multiples.
- Last 16 years working freelance as a facilitator, coach, counsellor and mediator.
- FMC accredited mediator trained by NFM.
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) accredited commercial mediator.
- The Conflict Resolution Company (TCRC) training in workplace mediation.
- Corporate CoachU graduate.
- ICF Professional Certified Coach.
- Relate Graduate Certificate.