Finding fun things that don’t cost the earth over half term can be a challenge. So we’ve rounded up our top six places to check out next week for the school break. Let us know if you can add to this list with any of your favourites, too.
- Millets Farm, where Abingdon Family Mediation is based, always has some fun half term activities. This year, the circus is here and there is also a raptor and reptile event that children will love.
Check here for full details:
- The Oxford Museums Oxford has an abundance of wonderful museums and many of them put on special half term activities to appeal to children. Click on the links to see what’s happening at each of the museums.
Oxford Museum of Natural History
The Story Museum
- The Earth Trust at Long Wittenham runs a wonderful series of events for families and young children. Check out the details here:
- There are two fab music festivals taking place this half term:
Lechlade Music Festival
and Common People is taking place in South Park, Oxford
- Slightly further afield are some exciting new places opening up for family fun.
In Reading there is Reload, a laser clay shooting centre
In London, there is the Lost Jungle, an adventure golf course for all ages
In Bournemouth there is a 6D, yes 6D cinema! Apparently along with your 3D glasses, the cinema uses other effects like wind, rain, smells and chairs that move in sync with the action on the screen. How amazing is that?!
In Luton, there is an Orbital Trampoline Park that will wear out even the most active teenager.
- And last but not least, don’t forget the amazing outdoor places to visit nearby.
Here are a few suggestions:
Waterperry Gardens https://www.waterperrygardens.co.uk/
Blenheim Palace https://www.blenheimpalace.com/whats-on/
South Oxfordshire Adventure Playground – which is completely FREE of charge!
Or a picnic on a punt from Cherwell Boathouse http://cherwellboathouse.co.uk/punting/
Let us know which of these activities was your favourite. Have a great half term!